Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Artist Anne Pehkonen (Finland) will be my new "We are Having Weather" partner

Rainy day Photo outside my studio: Alicia Hunsicker

We are having Weather
Update

I have committed to another round of the International
Photography project to start October 20th.

http://blog.weatherphotos.org/

My partner this time will be the artist Anne Pehkonen

From her website she describes herself "I am a Finnish visual artist. I live in Niva, a small village outside Joensuu city in eastern Finland, near the border of Russia. I work with used and discarded materials and natural materials. I also make performances, installations, videotapes, paintings, prints, drawings and photographs. In my work I combine the aesthetics of old objects and their previous histories with psychoanalytical interpretation of human life. "

Here are some links to learn more about Anne:

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer