Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thought Forms

Three weeks out from my last leg surgery, I am now making leaps and bounds in my recovery process. With the wonderful weather this week in the North East I am going on daily walks up my scenic dirt road. I can’t tell you how good it is to be out doors and moving again. This whole experience has been a lesson in endurance. However I can say it was an experience filled with unexpected gifts as well as a huge change in perspective.

My studio time has been consumed with various writing projects. From grant proposals, residency applications, and interviews, I have had no time to paint! Though I am happy with the results.

If you haven’t yet seen the article that came out in SuperConsciousness Magazine, Please check it out. It will give you an insight into the new direction I am going in. http://www.superconsciousness.com/topics/art/supernatural-creator

A friend and collector of my work came by to wish me well and decided to add Thought Forms to her private collection. She wrote to me afterward saying " I LOVE my new painting! It sits in a space where I see it all the time, and I consciously look at it all the time. It's like after a while I will have memorized all my favorite parts. It has made my living room a truly visually interesting place to be."

So while I was physically down and in isolation for the last
8 months or so….My work has gotten some high visibility with the show at Gallery in the Woods and the unbelievable press the new work has
generated. It’s strange how life gets balanced out. I am in gratitude and am reminded of my wonderful belief that Anything is Possible!

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer