Sunday, February 24, 2013

Time is flying by.........

The time has been flying by!  I apologize for underestimating the time it would take to finish my rewards. There have been a few obstacles that have taken me by surprise and have pushed back my timeline. Thank you for your patience and understanding.  


Alicia working on rewards.
Photo by: Paul Franz
 Rewards Update: 

Coasters:
I had the last bunch of coasters cut this week after  having some problems with the wood splitting in the previous batch.  I am sanding them now and will seal and paint them over the next two weeks.  I have just 6 more sets to do.

 5x7 works on paper:
The paper has been cut to size and 75% of the xerox transfers are done.  The next step has been to seal them with clear gesso which I hope to be finished with this weekend.  Once they are all processed, (about 50 of them!) I will start with the color flourishes and send them out as I finish them. 

The 8x10's and eye portraits:
I am estimating that the coasters will need 2 weeks and that the 50, 5x7 paintings will take a little over a month to paint. Then I will be on to the 8x10's and the eye portraits. I will update you as I get closer to working on them.  My goal is to complete this project during the spring.

Thanks again for your wonderful support and patience!  I look forward to completing the rewards and sending you a beautiful token of my appreciation. 

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer