Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Artistic Collaboration

Sunflower Photo by Alicia Hunsicker

So my first stint on the We are having Weather project is over.
I really enjoyed the experience and through the ups and downs of it have learned a
little more about artistic collaboration, communication, and this multicultural world we live in.
I also realized a few things about myself.

I choose my projects with care and once I commit to a project I am very serious about it.
I want to be able to lighten up a little more with my performance and project expectations.
I did go with the flow of it and it was all good! What I enjoyed most was the actual visual communication between me and my partner Evita. I was intrigued with the responses to my photos and the common links we found visually. This was achieved through color,
composition, weather, and emotion.

I have decided to sign up for another 2 week period which in some ways pushes me
to find new ways to express myself with in the perameters of the project and within my neighborhood...... But I realize also (now) that a great deal depends on the partner
I am working with as to what I will be posting. I have two possible partners right now
one from Finland and one from Turkey.
So we will see how this new conversation will transpire.
Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer