Monday, January 26, 2009

Traditional Chinese Costume from Shanghai, China


This is my son Ben in his traditional Chinese outfit that I brought back for him from Old City, Shanghai, China.

He is standing in front of an under painting from a new painting I am working on inspired by our Eye to Eye project and journey.

I am using the shape of the tags we originally painted and will eventually add eyes to make the background. I will be taking pictures of the eyes of all my friends to use in this piece. I am thinking I may try to use a zerox transfer process as an under painting for the eyes.
I will keep the ideas for the foreground a secret
for now :-)

I am looking forward to having a new piece or two to show at the next critique group meeting in February and new work for the group show in May that I will be in.



No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer