Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Stuff of Life: Studio Update


The last week is a bit of a blur............I've been dealing with the stuff of life. Running errands, going to appointments, driving my son to swim lessons, 4Th of July activities, Studio visits, etc...
I unfortunately haven't spent much time painting this week except for an hour here or there.

A few things to update though.

I am still in the process of deleting my Tribe profile and have spent some time this weekend getting a profile started on facebook. This is my profile picture (for now).

I had some great news that the AmericAura show was shown in two venues this year; Belgium and Italy.

The commission figurative painting I am working on is finally dry! with all the damp and dank weather it took a really long time. I have been thoughtfully planning my next layer with it and will maybe even start it today. The Iris painting is still in progress as well.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer