Monday, June 29, 2009

Arts Journal Canceled due to Current Economy


The cold finger of the current economy has finally tapped me on the shoulder.
I was excited all winter that my work was accepted into a wonderful Journal of art and writing to be printed this summer.....I kept wondering why they hadn't asked for Jpegs yet.....so I emailed and no response......Hmmmmmm ... Unfortunately through more investigation I found out that the publisher has discontinued the journal due to the current economy. I am a little dissapointed but oh well.....that's the way it goes sometimes.

Photo by Alicia Hunsicker

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer