Friday, September 25, 2009

Portrait Commission in Progress

First I would like to Welcome the new blog followers that have come into my world!
I realized this week that my blog is officially 1 year old....and somehow I feel like I am just getting started with it. I am finishing up my application for Vermont Studio Center today and am hoping for a slot this spring. This is my first time applying for a residency with a month duration and it is a very competitive so either way ~ I know that I will attend when the time is right for it. I have been working on my portrait commission this week and feel that it is half way done at this point. Here it is in progression......Enjoy!

2 comments:

Quilt Works said...

Your work looks wonderful! Are you interested in increasing your customer base?
One way to increase your customer base is find art loving customers who buy artwork from other artists you know.
I would like to invite you in joing the business card exchange.
To read more about how this work please visit my blog and sign up if interested:
http://quilt--works.blogspot.com/2009/09/business-card-exchange-network.html

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Hi Quilt Works,
Thanks for the invite. I will check out your business card exchange. It sounds like a great way to market.
best,
Alicia

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer