Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hampden Crit Group

I love my critique group. It is a wonderful group of well established artists that meets once a month at the Hampden Gallery space. This time I brought my figurative commission piece and an eye piece in progress. I feel thankful for the feedback I receive and try to give good feedback as well. What I enjoy most is the practicing the "Art talk" about my own work and others. It is a great way to hone your communication skills. We are all committed to the group and respect each other even if we don't agree sometimes:-) It is well worth the 45 min. drive.

Once in a while we end with lunch at Amherst Chinese like we did today...and the reason I mention this is because I was left with such delightful feelings about my day with them.

Lately I have been reaching out more and trying harder to honor my intuition about making connections with others. A follow your bliss kinda thing...or something like that....so after lunch I went to meet an artist for coffee who's work I love but had never met in person before. She was a lovely woman and I enjoyed our conversation. Thanks Lilly :-)
A truly special day filled with special people....a day that makes you happy to be alive!!
(but tired and ready for bed at the end of the day.. Ha!)

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer