Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Painting In Pink!


Gawd...I have been wanting to paint with pink for a while now....I bought a bunch of pinks for my figurative commission piece ....but it seems that that just isn't enough pink for me!

There are two artist's of late who use pink in a way that I love painters Ali Williams and Hazel Dooney.
During my Critique group last week my limited palette was bugging me...so today I said what the hell.........I will see if color will work with my current Inherent Divinity Series.

I am so excited with the result. I am not sure if this piece is still in progress ....but I love it tonight....hopefully will feel the same in the morning.

6 comments:

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

The seer is in the house.

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Thanks Terry!....I still love it this morning :-)
~Alicia

Curmudgeonhero said...

Wow, this is stunning. Really beautiful. It calls out to me, it's saying, "pay attention," to beauty, to innocence, to a new clarity of vision.

Thanks for sharing this!

Chris Blue said...

joined. I rarely have time, but I am home sick w/ a colda nd I LOVE your duet orgasm wi th PINK! Helloooooo Pink! It looks so full and in my face joyfully shoulting it's name.. I am PINK and I am staying here!
love, Chris Blue Lamb

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Hi William....Thanks for your in"sight"ful comments (ha,ha I couldn't resist!) Xo ~ Alicia

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Hi Chris, So happy your are along for the ride! Sounds like you are enjoying my explorations
in pink :-) Working on another today. Can't wait to show you in person sometime Xo ~Alicia

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer