Here is an article about tonight's Gallery Walk in Brattleboro, VT. I will have paintings showing at Gallery in the Woods on Main St. It's a great arts night out ...You're all Invited!!....hope to see you there!
Thursday March 4, 2010
Gallery Walk marches in like a lion with special emphasis on art by students and women
Official Gallery Walk hours are 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., although most venues are open earlier and several remain open later into the evening.
The 28-page March edition of the Gallery Walk guide and magazine contains complete listings and a map. This issue’s cover article is an interview with Helen Hawes. Other articles include information about
The printed guide will be available at each participating location, the I-91 Welcome Center, the Chamber of Commerce, area lodging establishments and other convenient outlets. Brief information on exhibits and special events follows, in official
Gallery Walk order.
* American Traders,
* Gillies Restaurant,
* C.X. Silver Gallery,
* Neumann Studios Architectural Glass,
* Latchis Theatre Complex,
* Knit or Dye,
* Twilight Tea Lounge,
* Edward Jones/Joe LoMonaco,
* Twice Upon a Time,
* Flat Street Brew Pub,
* In-Sight Photography Project,
* Experienced Goods Thrift Shop for
* Metropolis Wine Bar & Cocktail Lounge,
* KidsPLAYce Gallery of Masks & Children’s Book Art,
* Through the Music Gallery & Studio, out back at the Turn It Up! music store,
* Mocha Joe’s Café,
* Yellow Barn Music Festival, on sidewalk at Vermont Artisan Designs,
* The Book Cellar,
* The Artist’s Loft Gallery & B&B, 103 Main St., third floor, 802-257-5181 or http://www.theartistsloft.com/. Award-winning
* Amy’s Bakery Arts Café,
* In the Moment Music & Gifts,
* Gallery in the Woods,
* A Taste of Shiatsu, Hooker-Dunham Building, street-level entry, 139 Main St., 802-451-1920, http://www.lucymarsh.com/. Lucy Marsh, Zen Shiatsu practitioner, is offering 10-minute sessions of traditional seated shiatsu during Gallery Walk.
* Catherine Dianich Gallery,
* Hooker-Dunham Theater & Gallery and Youth Gallery,
* Take a Moment for Peace, Centre Congregational Church,
* Let’s Dance So. Vermont at The Church,
* Adagio Trattoria,
* High Street Painters at the Studio of Andrea Scheidler, 24 High St., 802-387-4550, in the Midtown Mall building. Members of High Street Painters are painting in the studio until 4 p.m. with
Founded in 1995, Gallery Walk qualifies as a nonprofit arts organization through its association with the Arts Council of Windham County. For information on joining the Walk, contact coordinator Joy Wallens-Penford at 802-257-2616 or preferably by e-mail at info@GalleryWalk.org.