Friday, August 10, 2012

Getting Stitched on the Farm


Leyden Glen sheep and neighborhood view photo by Kristen Nicholas
My neighbor Kristin who writes the blog Getting Stitched on the Farm
recently wrote a nice piece about me and the open studio sale that I did last weekend.

I want to thank her for the great post and extra support her followers have added to my kickstarter project: Boundless.

It’s wonderful to live in a neighborhood filled with artists, farms, and small business entrepreneurs. Kristin is not only a wonderful artist, illustrator, and knitwear designer. She also runs a farm with her husband Mark and just across the road is the Lamb shack!
We are big fans of Leyden Glen Lamb’s sweet sausage!
I have recently experimented with a traditional sheppard’s pie recipe by adding the lamb sausage and ground lamb together (instead of Hamburg) topping it with caramelized onions, and then adding the corn and mashed potatoes (I add cream cheese to them!) It has become a family favorite!

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer