Monday, March 14, 2011

Divinity Tree


I realized that there was one more image I hadn't posted yet that is currently being shown at Gallery in the Woods in Brattleboro, VT. A vision of this image came to me while visiting the studio of fellow artist Jim Doubleday in Pelham, MA while we were having one of our thought provoking conversations.
It was an image of a tree branches not up or down like roots and branches but one reaching across space (horizontally) constantly sprouting new branches and spreading out. I am still very interested in exploring this vision more in my work. Divinity Tree is a mixed media piece on paper. I used photography, Xerox transfers, Tea stains, and acrylic painting techniques.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer