Sunday, July 12, 2009

Over Estimations


SO I over estimated my ability to have a full time studio practice this summer and get enough work done for a possible solo show this fall.......OUCH!
(at least that is how I feel today)
The reality of life, family, children, home improvement, vacation times etc.......has set in.

I am going to go with the flow and not be too hard on myself. Goals are meant to change. Right?

Studio Update:
Tribe profile down- Face book profile up and running.
Jenny Tibbitts will be my studio visitor this week. This is my iris painting still in progress.....
Off to clean for the Studio visit ........Happy Days!

2 comments:

Jeliza said...

I think your iris series is just stunning. (Found you from Tracy Helgeson's facebook thread) Can't wait to see this one when it is finished!

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Hi Jeliza, thanks for having a look at my site and for your positive feedback. I am just about done with this blue iris painting and plan on posting it soon. My plans are to continue on with a larger painting this time
(24"x24") and play with reflection a bit in the center.
Should be fun! Nice to meet a fellow Tracy Fan ;-) ~Alicia

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer