Sunday, January 17, 2010

Progress........




So Life has been crazy of late........so many unexpected "new" experiences, connections, goals, and work. I feel that the universe has opened to show me many possibilities and paths.........and I have not quite been able to decide on a focus......except for the necessities! Winter's natural inward focus has also been powerful this year.


This is a new image that I am playing with (in progress) in my Eye explorations and my body mapping work within the Inherent Divinity series. It is a Maori Tattoo........they would map their life experiences with symbols tattooed on the face.

I am also working on several paintings and my figurative commission.




Tonight I will again be photographing a belly dance performance at the Northampton Center for the Arts. The performance starts a 7:30 and is open to the public. More info at http://www.attarbellydance.yolasite.com/



In the same vein I have been enjoying Belly dance classes with Attar and her class schedule can also be found at the previous link.



I want to welcome my new blog followers!......and thank you all for your continued support!

This is a photo I took of dancer Elise Hayden-Ferdman

3 comments:

Curmudgeonhero said...

Standing beside you, holding your hand. You see what others cannot. With open eyes, and an awakened heart, you create beauty out of the seeming no-thing-ness.

This is a miracle to behold. I am truly honored that I am able to witness such beauty in all the special ways you share it with me.

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

William, Thank you for such a wonderful comment.....you are truly a special person! I am so happy my work speaks to you ~ Alicia

Anonymous said...

thats so awesome! What an interesting thing to photograph
lifeasasketch.wordpress.com

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer