Sunday, October 23, 2011

From Mind to Matter



I just put the last brush stroke on this sweet little painting From Mind to Matter, 8" x 11", oil on board, 2011. I hope it will be dry for the work drop off on Sunday....one week away! All that is left to do is wait for varnish to dry and decide on prices.


On the 30th I will load the car and deliver it to Gallery in the Woods for my solo show which opens Nov., 4th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. I hope that I am able to walk a little better for the opening!


I was surprised to find out that a large group of Leyden-ites will be carpooling to the opening
:-) Its wonderful to be a part of such a supportive community!


I think its going to be a great turn out!

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer