Sunday, March 16, 2014

On Your Mark

On Your Mark project: Sketch to Painting
by Alicia Hunsicker




    
             Today I submitted my paintings for the On Your Mark project spearheaded by artist Christine Texiera.  Each artist participating submitted a sketch this past fall to be grouped and painted by other artists.  This is the sketch I submitted and the painting that I did based on the sketch. I did 4 paintings total for this project.  When all the artists who participated have uploaded their finished images there will be a website to see how each artist translated the original sketch into a painting.  I am very excited to see how this all comes together.  I will post the link when its all up and running.  


No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer