Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eye painting in progress: Learning Acrylic Transfer process

Yes! I figured out a way to make my xerox-acrylic transfers work with materials I already had in the studio. The only down side is that after using my fingertips to rub off the paper ....They are hurting like a rug burn...ouch! 6 done ....122 to go.....
I think I will have to spread out this process because of finger wear and tear...but I am happy to have figured out how to do this.


I am using my own eye as background imagery in this painting about higher vision inspired by the Eye to Eye project and eye tags. I had originally thought that I would take photos of everyone I know and do each eye differently...
but I realized that sometimes easier is better....and in this case it will probablly make a stronger image with all the eyes the same.

Other News From the Studio
I had an interesting phone consultation/interview with a woman who was hired by several Franklin County Organizations to come up with a marketing plan for arts and culture in the area. I would love to see some really professional venues open up to show in close to home! Maybe we will see some movement in the arts support here in the Greenfield area. There will be some sort of community meeting in the near future for others to weigh in. I will post info when I receive it.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer