Monday, March 2, 2009

Jim Doubleday of Doubleday Studio









I spent a delightful evening with the Doubleday's of Pelham, who won my Precious Jewel Nest paintings. I met Jim, who is a sculptor, in a critique group I belonged to that met in Amherst at Hampton Gallery. I was impressed with his work and his studio which I toured during our visit and he enjoyed a small slide presentation I gave about Eye to Eye and my trip to China.

He states about his work "As an abstract artist creating objects of contemplation for the house or garden, I aim to open a fourth dimension for each sculpture, whereby their mysterious form and meaning evoke viewers' memories and emotions."

Copper Spirit Vessel is one of the pieces I admired when I saw it in person. I borrowed the photo from Jim's website. All of Jim's work is rich in color, spirit, and material.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer