Saturday, September 20, 2008

Petula Bloomfield "Laced" at Hampden Gallery


I went to the Petula Bloomfield Opening of Laced this past Thursday evening.
I knew it was a show not to be missed because I had the honor of designing the show brochure
many months ago and had a small preview. Petula's work is breathtaking, original, and personally inspiring to me. I hope you will all have a chance to visit the gallery to see these paintings. The show runs Sept. 14 - October 19, 2008 for more info or directions go to
www.umass.edu/fac/hampden or to the artist's website http://www.petulabloomfield.com/


While your there don't forget to check out the Incubator Project Space to see Stephen Foley's show In a Glass House: Dark Luminosity another inspiring show of organic ceramic sculpture.
Steve is in my monthly critique group to see more of his work go to http://www.stephenfoley.com/





No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer