Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We Are Having Weather Project


Photo by Alicia Hunsicker
In the past I have felt limited by the very rural location that I reside in (Leyden MA).
I often feel challenged to get my work into more urban and city settings where it can be accessed easier. As my last post indicates I follow the writings of Esther and Jerry Hicks. Simply put it is about focusing on the positive in your experience. I love where I live and the beauty of my surroundings often informs and inspires my work. I was searching for a way to make my location work for me and the We are Having Weather project came to my attention ......(a coincidence?..I think not!). This project highlights all the wonderful, positive reasons that I choose to live where I do and changes the feeling of limitation to possibility. My partner in this photographic dialogue is from Latvia. I am excited to be working with her and to see how our work transpires.

Weather Photos is an international photo project about weather, emotion,
and communicating through photography.


It was created by two artists, one in NY, the other in Berlin, who conceived this project for Transcultural Exchange (Boston, MA) and Zendai MoMA (China)

Participants use photographs to communicate their feelings about the weather and how it influences emotions or mood. It is a visual dialogue between partners.

Please check out my Leyden Photography and on going visual

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer