Friday, October 16, 2009

A few new sidebar additions: Eye Portrats & Poll

I have had a crazy few weeks. Not at all like I had planned......funny how life does that sometimes! My honey suffered a back injury and had to have lots of care taking. Being a Domestic Diva IS NOT FOR ME!........HA!..........
However, I did get out some very important applications, one to the Vermont Studio Center for a residency fellowship and two for the Massachusetts Cultural Council's Fellowship awards in painting and drawing. (that felt good!)

Right now, I am feeling a little bound up from not being in the studio for 2 weeks.....and when that happens as some of you may know taking the first step back into it can be daunting. I usually start with getting into the physical space...cleaning up a bit....re-arranging the tables....cleaning my palette....then something will grab me and I'm off.....If you think about it too much it is harder to get into the flow.


News: I have two new additions to my side bar.

First I am now officially offering Eye Portrait Commissions.
The paintings are done in Acrylic on 4" x 4" gallery wrap canvas
and are offered at $125. each (shipping included).
If you order 5 or more I offer a discount of $100. each ( shipping included)


They can be hung on a wall or put on a shelf.
I will need a digital photo of your eye to work from or
if you are local I can take the photos for you
.
email for details or questions mahunsicker@netzero.net



The second addition to this blog is a poll. I recently came across a 3D virtual gallery space on the web and I am curious about what artists think of this concept. Would you use it? What do you think about it. I've only seen the site for GalleryCentric but there very well might be others. Check it out...do the poll....or respond here. I would love to know what you think about this new kind of venue.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer