Friday, August 6, 2010

My New Art Transportation Device


I must share this wonderful shelf that was made for me for my trip to Vermont Studio Center ....It was perfect and allowed me to fit all I needed (especially art supplies) into the car. All the artists who saw it were envious!! (Nice shelf! ....ha,ha) I have it stored in my art studio closet now and can use it again when traveling with art work for delivery to shows/galleries, home installations (sales), of future residencies that I may drive to.


3 comments:

mark said...

Hey! Sweet! Now I have shelf envy. (And it could double as a Japanese table. Or a stage. or even a hat?)

Nancy Natale said...

Great idea! Do the two layers come apart or are they joined?

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Hey Nancy, We had considered doing two or three shelf layers but we decided to join them together to limit any sliding that could occur. It seemed to work better as one unit. Good to hear from you! Alicia

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer