Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sweet Senescence @ VSC Red Mill Gallery


Artist, Melissa Armstrong presented

Sweet Senescence at

Vermont Studio Center’s Red Mill Gallery






I was completely enamored with her work which is made from Sugar. Every morning before I went into the dining Hall I would check on the progress of her work...always changing and evolving as the sugar taffy dripped off the panels and into catch basins on the floor.

Here are a few photos from the show that I took. I have an affinity for things that I can look through to see the world differently and these just did it for me.....especially during the opening where I was able to view other people (figures) through them....and of course take photographs of them.




Be Sure to check out Melissa’s blog if you are interested in seeing more documentation of her work. Also Melissa has posted a awesome time lapse video of her installation of Sweet Senescence.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer