Monday, September 5, 2011

Kaboom!



Its been a while since I have blogged.....The Chain Letter show was unfortunately more eventful than planned! Here's the story:

I fell in a pothole on the sidewalk in Boston and broke both bones in my leg right above the ankle. I spent a week at Boston Medical Ctr. and two surgeries later I found myself having to stay with family for aftercare and one story living. A month after the accident I moved home (two weeks ago) but am limited to one floor. I will not be able to put weight on my foot for another 6 weeks. The recovery time is long but I am mending well and getting a little painting done in my living room as the studio is downstairs :-(.
I did miss some opportunities because of the accident but I decided to keep on track for my solo show dates at Gallery in the Woods. Thankfully I was in great shape before the accident.

The Opening Reception will be Friday, November 4th, 5:30 to 8:30 pm.
Save the Date!

Yesterday, I designed and ordered my postcard for the show and am asking people who may like a postcard sent to them to send me their mailing addresses. You can email me at mahunsicker@netzero.net if you would like to be added to my mailing list.

On another note a wonderful feature article came out in the Life & Times section of The Greenfield Recorder about 3 artists from Leyden (me included) called "The Creative Life in Leyden" by David Rainville.

Life is interesting isn't it! One day you have plans, and a way of doing things then Kaboom! Everything changes in one instant!

2 comments:

Nancy Natale said...

Alicia, I'm glad that you are back home and working. That's a terrible story about your fall! I am sorry to hear it and hope the rest of your recuperation will pass quickly. Best wishes to you.

Alicia Blaze Hunsicker said...

Thanks Nancy! feeling a little better each day....xo~Alicia

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer