Friday, November 4, 2011

Moments of Creation Opening Reception Tonight!



Well tonight's the night of my opening reception at Gallery in the Woods that premiers my 2011 painting series "Moments of Creation" 6:30 to 8:30 pm. I am looking forward to seeing friends and meeting new ones!

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I was contacted by journalist, Clara Rose Thornton telling me that a feature article that she wrote about me came out in the Rutland Herald, titled Spirit and form: Alicia Hunsicker's Moments of Creation. We ran up to Brattleboro last night to secure some copies and it was well worth the trip! Clara has a wonderful penetrating writing style that explores not only the paintings but the artist (or whoever she is writing about) as well. The Artscope Magazine interview will also be distributed today and I am looking forward to getting a copy.

To Quote Clara she says "Today's piece, on newsstands in the Rutland Herald. Here is a second tackling of the fascinating magical realist painter, Alicia Hunsicker Artist. As opposed to her ArtScope profile, wherein I attempt a colorful recreation of my subject's philosophy, here, I take many fun snapshots. Whereas in ArtScope, I attempt to paint a portrait, in the Herald I'm sketching whimsical outlines."

This is one of the paintings in the show tonight....Earth, Skin, Water, Blood, 32” x 38”, oil on canvas, 2011. Come see them in person! Its always better that way :-)


No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer