Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fresh Paint - New Space

This is an older photo of my studio. Its amazing to see that most of these paintings have found homes!

The reason I am posting it today is to say goodbye to my cream walls and indigo floor.  Over the next few days I will be repainting the walls a soft white and the floor a coffee brown.  I am looking forward to the fresh paint- new space feel that will be created.  Over the last few years I have realized that although I LOVE my floor this color, it has impacted my paintings by reflecting blue onto their surfaces causing me to over paint in the yellow spectrum. I am hoping that the brown floor will be neutral enough as to not affect my color usage.  I was looking at greys but shied away because of the bluish tints that can happen in them.
I will post some photos soon of the new space but remember if you would like to see it in person I am welcoming studio visits all month long.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer