Thursday, October 23, 2008

Intrude: Art & Life 366 at Zendhi MoMA, Shanghai, China




Newest photo on We are having Weather project: Alicia Hunsicker

So I had a great day today full of good news from seeds I planted quite a while ago. First I found out that the We are Having Weather Internet Photography project will be traveling to Zendhi MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) Shanghai, China. Then I found out MY artistic collaboration with 3 other woman called "Eye to Eye" was accepted as well and we have been invited to China to present it. I am going to Shanghai!! Wow!......
I now have some work ahead of me as we will be going in December and I have to fund raise for my airfare and expenses. I am planning to raffle a few paintings. I will post more about that when I have worked out all the details.....

Here is a copy of the Leyden Newsletter press release that I wrote today....
Extraordinary International Opportunity for Four Local Artists

Four artists, Anne Laprade, Alicia Hunsicker, Deborah Garner, and Laura “Lola” Baltzell, three of which reside in Leyden, and are pleased to announce that their art proposal “Eye to Eye” has been accepted into the Intrude: Art & Life 366 Interdisciplinary Art Exhibition at the the Zendai Museum of Modern Art . Intrude: Art & Life 366 is an ambitious cultural project organized by the Shanghai ZendaiMuseum of Modern Art. From January 1st to December 31st, 2008, a cultural event will take place everyday somewhere in the city of Shanghai. One cultural event a day, 366 events a year, Intrude: Art & Life 366 will present global perspectives on art and culture, bring these closer to the people of the city, intervening in their daily lives by exposing them to some exceptional cultural happenings.
They have been invited to stay in Shanghai, China by the Zendai MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) during the month of December to develop and execute their project which addresses the concept of seeing “eye to eye” both individually and culturally to broaden understanding and respect of other points of view.


This mornings Frost ...The crystalline structures
Remind me of how our thoughts and energy align to create what we want and that most of the time this takes TIME...




No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer