Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 2 : Painting in Progress

Still working on this 12x12 iris painting. I am really liking the size much better than the smaller ones I did previously. I am just getting so much more depth!...Can't wait to get the the oil paint!
The acrylic seems to stick to the canvas texture more than the oil which smooths it. I like to paint smooth......although I really like texture in other artist's work.

While I painted I listened to a bunch of Nora Roberts novels.....kinda romantic and witchy....it was good for a while but then it became boring and trite....so now I am listening to Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire.....its good if you like munchkin politics in the seedy city of OZ!

On Que is The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. It's about creativity. Music this week is Karsh Kale: Realize

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer