Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Day's Work

A messy studio shot to show a 12x12 work in progress...... and my new coffee cup (yes, little things like that excite me ;-) " I had my doubts that these iris (eye) paintings would translate well in a bigger size, but I am pleasantly surprised! One thing I am seeing though is that while acrylic is ok in a small scale or as an under painting (at least for me) , I think this bigger eye painting will need to transition back to oil at some point.
I will get the basic composition and color down and then work over it with the oil paint.

I spent the day going from planting a new annual border around the new veggie garden to painting and drinking coffee and of course being with my son Ben who is now on summer vacation. I let him watch School of Rock with Jack Black. (being the 80's rock diva that I am..... Whitesnake anyone? ha,ha!) and he has now taken to playing the guitar and writing his own music........although he has no real idea how to do that!!! It is amazing what kids do when they are inspired. He made his own note chart giving the strings their own Numbers and wrote what he calls directions to play his song "Woodpecker".........gotta love it! Maybe I need to get him guitar lessons now too.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer