Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gallery in the Woods, Brattleboro, VT: Studio Update



I always have work rotating through Gallery in the Woods. Right now, if the gallery stays the way its hung I have these 2 pieces on display for June.



Studio Update: My Dick Blick order came in last night. It felt like Christmas opening up all the small pkgs in the big box that arrived......Juicy new paint, mediums, and some small 6X6 canvas. I hope to clean up my older tubes today and get the caps back on them.......which I can't be bothered with when I am in the throws of creation:-)
The Gamlin Neo Megilp a new product for me came in kinda gel like.......anyone know if this is normal?? I know when the Galkid I use gets that way it is not a good thing but I don't know about this product yet.
I decided that I hate my Target piece for the Art House Canvas Project So I plan on painting over it. Still have Liberation and Malignant to paint due at the end of the month
I have been making some progress with the Rose Window as well.
My son has about 12 days left of school so I will have to adjust into a new schedule...as I am in the studio full time right now the timing isn't so great.....but that is the way it is... sometimes you can't plan when you will peak in the creation process. It should be OK though I have some new activities planned for him; swim lessons, karate, 1 week of nature day camp, boating days with Grandma and Grandpa, and a few day trips as well....I am looking forward to a trip to the Boston Aquarium ( I want to shoot some pics of Jellyfish that I might use as inspiration some day for a painting series) and we will do a Whale watch too. A busy summer for sure!
On Cue for music in the studio this week:
The Verve, Fourth
Beck, Odelay (hoping it will grow on me)
Audio Slave, Self titled
Radiohead, Amnesiac

Audio Book:
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer