Monday, June 8, 2009

The Canvas Project Series of 5: Golden Acrylic Paint









The Canvas Project, Vol. 2
consisted of 5 canvas' with 5 words.
The words I received were: Optical, Parthenogenesis, Liberation, Target, & Malignant.


I will send them to the Gallery this week and they will be in two shows and a catalog. It was a fun project to participate in.
I may or may not do another project with them at this point..............
unless there is one that really rings my chime.
I have enjoyed the Art House web site community and have seen a great deal of great art on it. I've got other things in the works at this point and I need to buckle down and focus on my more serious projects.

Golden Acrylics
I have taken a liking to Golden Brand acrylic paint. During this last project with Art House Gallery, I decided to use acrylics instead of my usual oil. In the past I have tried other brands like liquitex and found them rather plastic looking and gloppy. The Golden paint was different maybe it is a better quality or a professional brand but either way it was smooth with less body (to me that is a good thing:-). Golden also carries transparent colors
which I use when I paint in oils so it seemed an easier transition
from oil painting. It almost made me forget the feel of oil but after going back today....There is
nothing better than oil paint!! (my personal opinion!)

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer