Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A New Eye Painting : Iridology

This is a new painting in a series that I am doing just for the fun of it and also because it relates to my current theme if Inherent Divinity that uses the eye as a symbol for the divine.

I have always had an interest in alternative healing/heath modalities. Iridology is a mapping of the eye that correlates to the different parts of the body. As I paint these eye portraits, I am seeing the different types of patterns found in the eyes. So much can be "read " in the eyes from these patterns, shapes and color that is found within them.

My plan with this series is to bring some to the gallery I work with and then to offer some through this blog or another that I will create just for sales of small works. This one is 4"x 4" and I am thinking I will offer that size at $125. I am planning on doing some 6"x6" as well and maybe and few 12"x12" for a variety of sizes, colors, and patterns.

1 comment:

Christine's Arts said...

Very interesting thoughts and the iris is gorgeous. Love your series idea. Can't wait to see more.

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer