Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Valley Arts Newsletter and Vallery Art Share Community





I first started my on-line presence through a web site designed and maintained by a friend and fellow artist who loves my work . In order to get a little traffic I started a profile on Tribe an alternative culture networking site(burning man, belly dance, spiritual, visionary art) . I have enjoyed it over the years but the site has had technical problems and most of the connections I have made there are now spending their time on other sites like face book. I have watched my traffic decline and have now decided to move on/forward with other profile networking sites that are more in line with art.
For quite a few years I have been receiving The Valley Arts Newsletter that announces art shows and events in the Valley.
It was originally called the Art Newsletter Experiment and was maintained by Holyoke Artist, Mo Ringey who now blogs as benign girl and is a radio host for Mo radio at Valley Free Radio .
She recently interviewed Mira Bartok who has a great artist blog about grants and residencies (I follow this blog) Mira's list, Just thought that all that was interesting to note! ....bla, bla.....

Back to what I was saying.......So I joined Valley Art Share which I found out about through the Valley Arts Newsletter.........whooo! I got to the point!.....
Valley Arts Share is an on line community of Pioneer Valley Artists where you can list your events.
I was surprised that I didn't know too many people on it but I am excited to think that I will become familiar with more Valley artists and maybe even get to know them. I encourage other Pioneer Valley artists to join and network!
I am also thinking about breaking down and tring face book but am concerned my computer connection is not fast enough to really enjoy it.....(or not). So next time I am inclined to take my laptop for a spin, I will check it out more.
Does anyone else have art profiles up on art sites? How would you rate them?

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer