Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Studio Visits & New Iris Painting

This is the latest eye "iris" painting. It is a bit more stylized than the others, but its good to have a variety. This one especially reminds me of a flower. It's interesting how similar organic shapes can be found replicated throughout nature.

There are two things that interest me right now as an artist. One is painting and my studio practice and the other is of a networking nature. I am welcoming studio visits through out the summer and have set a goal of 1 per week. I started this several weeks ago and have had much success. I am also enjoying visiting other artists at their studios to see and discuss their art.

This weekend I went to a lovely artist dinner at Doubleday Sculpture Studio and I realized I want to talk and dine with other artists more. It was wonderful to eat great food, drink spirits, and talk art. I guess I am a socialite at heart;-)
I was inspired to buy a new table cloth and to now paint my dining room so I may entertain more often. I think I may even have an artist party at some point. If any of you are interested in a visit to my studio or trading studio visits please email me. I would love to see your work and show you mine. ~ Alicia

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer