Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Palmistry : #4 in Inherent Divinity Series

I finished #4 in the Inherent Divinity series today.
Adding for the first time some metallic gold paint (around the hand) for added sacredness. There is something in this series besides my exploration of the divine spark in us all, It is also about the mapping of self.... I am not sure how this will all tie in other than my interest in using images from iridology, palmistry, reflexology, astrology, and acupuncture.
I am very excited about this work and hope to have a real body of at least 12 to show soon to Gallery in the Woods for an upcoming show. I will also probably pick a few of the images to submit to New American Paintings as well. That deadline is approaching.

On another note....
I visited the studio of artist Christine Lamb yesterday and was really inspired by her conceptual work with the idea of technology, humans, and robots. I can't wait to show a picture of her and one of her paintings when she is ready to unveil some of her images.

I also visited the Eric Carl Museum this past week. There was a really wonderful documentary playing about Eric and his creative process that we all enjoyed but the museum is a little on the dry side..... I was glad I had gotten a free pass from the local library. It did have an outstanding picture book gift shop however....that seemed to have everything you can imagine on picture books and Eric.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer