Saturday, August 15, 2009

Paper Girl Project Northampton Submission




I happily dropped off my Paper Girl project submission today. The work will be displayed among several venues in Northampton including Sticks & Bricks Gallery and The Commonwealth Center for Change. There will be a closing reception for the artists details are still being worked out but I will announce it when I know. The project will take place on Sept. 12th. I will be there to take photos for documentation.
I finished another in this series (Inherent Divinity) over the weekend and will photograph and post tomorrow. These first 3 I am calling artist proofs. The others will really start the series.
In the first 3 I was exploring the new process I worked out and getting into the flow of this new work. The last 2 that I have completed I feel are a bit more complex and stronger in many ways.
On another note today while in the Valley today, I went to the Naccul Center for the Arts to Jackie Boudreau-Kinney's show of expressive hill town landscapes. I would recommend a stop by if your in the Amherest area.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer