Monday, March 23, 2009

C.J. Lori: Brush Art Gallery: ALL Art Gallery, Lowell

I went out to Lowell Sunday to the Brush Art Gallery Reception with a few artist friends.
There were several openings happening around the same time. First we enjoyed the varied work at the opening at the ALL Art Gallery :"Buying Locally" The collection of Jack Moynihan and Carolyn Walsh . Collectors who show their support of the local Art Community on a regular basis now show their collection to the community at large. Show runs March 21, through April 5, 2009. Next we were off to the Studio Opening of Kathleen Cammarata. I really loved her new prints. Lastly we attended the opening of Massachusetts Artists 2009 at the Brush Art Gallery.
I had a wonderful conversation with Raquel Bauman, President of the board at the Brush. She was very welcoming to our group. Marcia Wise's work looked great and she was pleased we came to support her. The work in the show was really good and I felt connected and inspired by some of it. The best part of the day for me was meeting the artist C.J. Lori . I have been a fan of her work for a long time. I first saw her paintings when I was working with the Lyman-Eyer Gallery in Provencetown, MA where she is represented. Then I was looking into the Woman's Caucus of Art in Boston and I was impressed by C.J's involvement. Ever-sense I have watched her career blossom and I continue to find her work inspiring. It was great to finally connect with her.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer