Monday, March 9, 2009

A Surprise Birthday Party

This weekend my friends and family gave me a birthday party. My birthday was last month so I was not expecting to walk into a room of people yelling Surprise! Happy Birthday....... a little shocking. Everyone seemed to have fun. I was touched by it all. Thanks to everyone who planned and came to my birthday celebration and especially to my mom who made all the beautiful center pieces for each table.

IN THE STUDIO....
I'm making progress on my eye paintings....started another image today and will hopefully have something to post soon. I have also had a number of small graphic design jobs to work on as well. So I have been busy.


Here is a button I did for Deborah Garner a tribal art dealer, artist friend, and fellow Eye to Eye collaborator.
I took this photo while visiting her last fall.
Check out her blog at:
http://tribaltales.blogspot.com/








Leyden update: For those of us in the hill towns we can't tell if we are in spring's mud season or the in the throws of winter with all the snow fall. My road was almost impassible with 2 foot mud ruts this weekend.....6 inches of mud where we park our cars.... we put boards on the path to the house only to wake up to 3 inches of snow this morning with 2 additional inches throughout the day. This was taken this morning outside my studio.




No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer