Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hampden Gallery Critique Group & Show

I am not usually a last minute person but the last few days have been full of hustling to get my piece finished for the Group Dynamics show at Hampden Gallery. I finished the painting, touch ups, varnishing, and mounting on the cradle board which I had painted the sides black. The deadline was yesterday at the group meeting where we brought our prospective pieces and decided on their placement in the show. I am happy with how the show looks and where my work was hung and am excited about showing the first finished painting in my new series of work. The look of the piece is very different then my other work and it has taken some time for me to "Claim" it as my own but I finally got the image to incorporate the new and the old....and I am confident about it. Anyway I hope to see you all at the opening on Sunday, May 10th, 3 to 5 pm at Hampden Gallery. Directions and more info. at www.umass.edu/fac/hampden

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer