Friday, May 15, 2009

Studio Progress while listening to The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova


This week as I have been working in the studio I have been listening to and enjoying The Historian (an audio book version) by Elizabeth Kostova. It is just the kind of book I enjoy, a little mystery, symbols, and explorations of the dark and light aspects of human kind.
It reminds me of the Dan Brown novels Angels and Demons and
The Da Vinci Code
During consentrated studio time, which I am working back up to, I keep a running list of audio book titles with our leyden Library so that I always have something to listen to while I am painting.
This week I am working on the color version on the Rose Window image and I have started to pencil in a large work on canvas that I am excited to start.

Today however I will be working on my mini canvas project for the Art House Gallery, Canvas project 2. I lost the brainstorm ideas, definitions, and image possibilities I had collected for this project when I had my computer problem fixed/wiped clean two weeks ago. So I have to remind myself and do a little internet searching on my words again.

Parthenogenesis, liberation, optical, malignant, & target

I also lost the high res. digital image of the rose window image and my updated resume - bummer! I am sure as I need things I will realize what I lost in the wipe clean, but I am hoping that is the worst of it.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer