Friday, May 22, 2009

Painting in Progress

I organically emerged back to a full time painting schedule today and I have to say it was great!
I haven't decided on the outside colors of this rose window and still have some details in the yellow and Iron oxide red that I am using. but the stained glass effect (glow) is starting to happen. I also spent the day pondering my next Canvas Project painting.....Liberation.....
I am thinking of the word liberation in the spiritual sense for my piece and am going to go through some photographs tomorrow from the Leverett Piece Pagoda. I remember taking one of a statue of Siddhartha under the Serpent. In this case it was a multi-headed snake. I think that might be a good starting point for the painting.
I wasn't completely satisfied with the Target piece and think that maybe my graphics/illustrator side was at odds with my painting side but for now I will leave it as is.

No comments:

Alicia Hunsicker's art is undeniably beautiful. She is an expert at extracting the highly-detailed textures and fibers of the human body, bringing them from darkness, into the light, with a technical precision that rivals any modern-day master.
David Aquino, Brattleboro Reformer